Explore our Kauai botanical gardens and sample organic chocolate
Our three-hour walking tour covers every corner of Princeville Botanical Gardens. Your friendly guide will share stories of the gardens’ development and a wealth of fascinating information about the plants. Samples of seasonal fruit samples and homemade honey will keep your energy up as you explore our lush valleys.
This tour also includes a half-hour chocolate tasting during which you’ll learn about the cacao tree and the history of chocolate making while sampling delicious gourmet chocolates from around the world. Due to the length, we do not recommend the Kauai chocolate tour for children under six years old.
Reserve your Princeville Botanical Gardens and Chocolate Tour online today.
- What To Bring
- Light, long-sleeve shirts or ample covering for possible mosquitoes
- Good walking shoes
- Sun hat
- Mosquito repellent
- Water bottle
- Important Reminders & Notes
- Participants should be moderately mobile. Our Kauai botanical garden tours proceed at a leisurely pace and the total distance is slightly over a mile. The terrain includes uneven paths, steep steps, and several steep inclines.
- Due to the terrain, we regrettably cannot accommodate wheelchairs, walkers, or motorized scooters.
- Please warn us in advance if anyone in your party has any health concerns. Visitors with asthma or other health conditions may find areas of the tour strenuous.
- Tours start on time.
- Our gates open 30 minutes before tour time.
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your tour is scheduled to begin.
- Parking is inside the property, just follow the signs. NO parking out on Ahonui Place.
- In wet weather, you can expect to get your shoes a little muddy. Come prepared for a “walk in the woods.”
- We have mosquitos! Please bring repellent if you have concerns.
- Note: Self-guided tours are not available. You must reserve a place on a tour to visit our gardens.
- Tours are RAIN OR SHINE. In rainy conditions, our gardens are muddy. Please bring good walking shoes, a rain jacket, and umbrella.
- Cancellation Policy
- You can cancel up to 24 hours before the start time of your tour.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of the tour will still be charged full price.